The BOSU Sport 50 Balance Trainer
The smaller, more compact member of the BOSU family.
A smaller training surface makes this product
- easier to over around, whether just round the house or in the car
- easier to store
- it’s a more convenient size for the smaller mini mini MIDIs of the family.
- it’s a great price point, making it easier to fit into the wellbeing investment budget
This one could be ideal for a smaller living space, a smaller training space, an apartment or the bach.
It has exactly the same benefits as the HOME TRAINER and the same exercises can be performed on it.
- It has a flat bottom which means you have more stability. But don’t think for one minute that it reduces the challenge placed on you or engaging your stabilising muscles! It just means that you can effectively perform all sorts of exercises with a lesser sense of fear! it also makes it easier to store.
- You or anyone can stand on a BOSU which is a HUGE advantage and turns it into a very effective piece of training equipment for UPPER body, LOWER body and CORE.
- Wait there’s MORE…the fact that you can use BOTH sides means the exercise variations are endless and you can always go to another level.
- FACT…your core is ALWAYS working, which is exactly what we want!
FYI : because of its flat bottom, the BOSU stays put wherever you put it. Unlike the Swiss Ball that always seems to have a mind of its own as to where its resting place will be!
My Swiss Balls are forever following me round my studio! Some days its funny, other days its a pain in the ass!
I love the reassured confidence it gives you whilst engaging in really effective and challenging core and stability exercises.
HERE’S the OFFICIAL HEADS UP from the suppliers
BOSU® Sport 50cm Blue
The redesigned BOSU® Sport 50cm Balance Trainer, a smaller version of the original BOSU® Balance Trainer (65cm), is constructed with the same rim and base style.
The sleek, compact design of the BOSU Sport 50cm Balance Trainer allows for easy transportation and storage, and quick positioning for any type of workout, and is ideal for fitness enthusiasts and athletes of all ages.
- Colour: blue or pink and includes an air pump.
- Diameter: 22″/ 55 cm ….includes the rim measurement
- Height: (Inflated) 7″/ 18 cm
- Weight: 10 IBS/ 4.5kg
- Valve Placement: Bottom
- Platform Construction: Single mold process
- Base Design: smooth, non-skid, non-marking, 6 rubberized feet
- Weight limit: 300lbs/ 136kgs
In case you’re wondering…
The name initially came from an acronym standing for “BOth Sides Up” – a reference to the two ways a BOSU ball can be positioned.
It is also referred to as the “blue half-ball”, because it looks like a stability ball cut in half. The acronym now favored by the creators is “BOth Sides Utilised” [citation needed